Who should take this course?
Tec 60 CCR Diver is the second level of technical diving training with Type T CCRs. By completing the Tec 60 CCR course, you extend your CCR diving adventures down to a maximum depth of 60 metres/200 feet. You learn to complete multiple decompression stops, manage life-support problems and dive with trimix/heliox as a diluent. It’s a considerable challenge, but if you’re serious about being a tec CCR diver, then this course is your next step.
To enroll in the Tec 60 CCR Diver course, you must:
- Be a Tec 40 CCR Diver qualified on the specific Type T CCR to be used in the course.
- Have logged a minimum of 150 dives, with at least 25 dives and 50 hours experience diving the Type T CCR used in the course with an offboard bailout system following Tec 40 CCR Diver principles.
- Have at least 10 logged CCR dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet.
Note that manufacturer requirements also may apply and qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may be acceptable – ask your Tec 60 CCR Instructor.
What will you learn?
In the Tec 60 CCR Diver course, you complete one confined water and six open water dives.Minimum total dive time 360 min. Building on the technical diving knowledge and skills you acquired in the Tec 40 CCR course, you’ll cover new topics such as:
- Different bailout strategies
- Offboard gas supply capability
- Planning tec CCR decompression dives including deep deco stops
- Offsetting narcosis with helium gas mixes
- Dealing with CCR problems and dive emergencies
How can you start learning now?
Visit your local PADI Dive Center or Resort that offers PADI TecRec courses and pick up your PADI Tec 60 CCR Diver Manual on DVD to start reading. Also pull out the manufacturer’s literature for the Type T CCR you’ll use during the course and carefully review it.